What we do here at Gillis Family Chiropractic is very unique and different, even from most chiropractors. We specialize in the leading Chiropractic technique called the Gonstead method, which is a hands on, gentle adjustment of the spine. Our office is one of 3 chiropractic offices in West Michigan to practice the Gonstead Method.
What is the Gonstead Difference?
Gonstead chiropractors go beyond what many chiropractors consider a spinal assessment by conducting a thorough analysis of your spine using 5 criteria.
- Visualization – Checking for postural changes
- Instrumentation – Using the Nervoscope which detects uneven distributions of heat along the spine which can be indicative of inflammation and nerve pressure. No fear- it doesn’t hurt. It feels like 2 fingers running down both sides of your spine.
- Static Palpation – Process of feeling your spine for presence of swelling or tenderness
- Motion Palpation – Process of feeling your spine while moving
- X-ray Analysis – X-rays enable the doctor to visualize the entire structure of your spine and help evaluate posture, joint and disc integrity, misalignments and fractures.
Gonstead is one of the most advanced and scientific methods of Chiropractic. So why doesn’t everyone do it? It takes much more time and dedication to master the art of delivering a specific adjustment.